Bidding for tenders from London 2012
The Olympics offers a number of opportunities for businesses to participate in the Olympics. Obviously as main sponsors and partners large ‘blue chip’ global brands have signed up as partners to London 2012. And of course businesses and companies have already played a significant role in providing services and products for the Games. This includes being part of the construction phase, providing equipment and ensuring that Britain and London delivers an excellent show.
Companies have been registering with the CompeteFor scheme to bid for contracts through the procurement scheme for the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) and The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG). There is still time to get involved so register with the CompeteFor website.
Of course as well as the main procurement opportunities under CompeteFor there are local opportunities where companies can get involved and make a difference. BOOST is tasked and focussed with building a legacy for Bedfordshire from London 2012. This involves using the Olympics as a catalyst for change, for allowing local business and communities to engage and to allow people to ‘feel’ a bit of magic of the Olympics.
There are a number of benefits with companies providing support and funding to local BOOST initiatives;
- PR and marketing exposure to boost brand awareness and sales
- Networking and making new relationships with people to do business with
- Development opportunities for staff to grow and feel proud of their contribution
- Strong corporate social responsibility (CSR) element to help company cohesion and bonding
- A real ‘feel good’ opportunity
To achieve benefits for Bedfordshire then local businesses can assist with the following new initiatives:
- Support for our Sporting Stars and emerging Talent Athletes
- Support for the BOOST events
- Support for our training camps
- Support for Inspirational Talks
- General Support for BOOST
Last Updated on Monday, 19 July 2010 22:14